Sep 10 2009

How to Save Money on Printer Ink by Refilling your Ink Cartridge

Do you waste money buying brand new printer ink cartridges from your local store each time your computer tells you that you’re running low on printer ink?

STOP wasting money on new printer ink cartridges by refilling your printer ink cartridges!

I haven’t bought a new printer ink cartridge since September 2008 and I do a lot of printing. I have saved hundreds of dollars by refilling my printer ink cartridge and you can save money by refilling your printer ink cartridges too.

I bought a bottle of

on ebay for my Lexmark Inkjet Printer and I have been refilling my ink cartridge each time my computer gives me the low ink warning. The cost of the bottle of ink was less than a new cartridge would have cost and I have refilled my printer ink cartridge many, many, many times saving me hundreds of dollars and I still have plenty of ink left to continue refilling my printer ink cartridges.

I bought my printer ink refill kit from –

– which included specific instructions on where to make the small hole so you can refill the ink cartridge and a needle/syringe to make refilling the ink cartridges easier. I also purchased the

from this seller that makes it easier to make the small hole to refill the ink cartridge. The ink refilling instructions will be different for each brand of printer ink cartridge so be sure to follow the instructions that come with your printer ink refill kit EXACTLY.

Click the link above to search through the listings of the same ebay seller I purchased my Lexmark Inkjet printer ink refill kit from to find the ink refill kit for your specific printer or…

…just enter the name of your printer (Canon, Lexmark, HP, Epson, Dell, etc.) and model along with the words “printer ink refills” in the search box below to find the correct ink refill for your printer model:

If you don’t want to refill your ink cartridges you can still find great deals on your ink cartridges by entering your printer name and model with the words “ink cartridge” in the search box above and save a lot of money on printer ink.

Please feel free to leave comments on how much you saved with your printer ink cartridge refill kit or post your questions if you have any.

22 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. deal hunter said:

Can I refill my laser printer toner cartridges too? I would really love to be able to do it because they cost so much to buy brand new. Is it easy to refill the ink in the cartridge?

November 30th, 2009 at 4:34 pm
  2. watch online tv said:

Can refilling ink cartridges damage your Printer? Is store brand ink cartridges as good as name brands?

December 3rd, 2009 at 3:57 am
  3. MoneyM8 said:

I have been refilling my Lexmark inkjet printer ink cartridges for a long time and I haven’t had any problems at all. If you refill the ink cartridges properly, following instructions exactly, without overflowing the cartridge and then closing off the hole with a piece of electrical tape you shouldn’t have any problems. If you have an expensive printer then maybe sticking to buying brand new ink cartridges is the best bet. You can still find good deals on those by doing a search above using the name of your printer followed by ink cartridges.

December 9th, 2009 at 4:49 pm
  4. glamour images said:

January 3rd, 2010 at 10:26 am
  5. Homes to buy said:

June 2nd, 2010 at 10:42 am
  6. Restaurants in delhi said:

I was going to point out the same thing that Phil mentioned, that some printers remember the serial number of the last few cartridges installed.

October 4th, 2010 at 3:36 am
  7. turkey tourh said:

How do cannon makes their ink cartridges that no other ink cartridge will work with their printers? :/

October 15th, 2010 at 12:39 pm
  8. bad car credit said:

I’ve already seen live of refilling an ink cartridge. It’s quite interesting though. Refilling inks can save more money than buying new one. It has the same quality as the branded ones.

December 18th, 2010 at 11:47 pm
  9. windows 7 said:

Make sure U seal that tape well to the printhead and wipe it long enough with toilet paper. Especially on colour heads. Hope U’ll get blocked nozzles and will deside to buy new cartridge!!!

February 9th, 2011 at 1:30 pm
  10. cuff links said:

I read online a laser printer costs 2 cents a page and a ink-jet costs 10 cents a page. Does anyone have a laser printer that they use at HOME?Is a laser printer better than a ink-jet printer for home use?Thanks!

March 3rd, 2011 at 1:25 am
  11. HP CE250A Cartridge said:

Try to choice also good quality ink, nice advice on how to save money from refilling printer ink cartridge.

April 3rd, 2011 at 1:01 am
  12. HP CE250A Toner Cartridge said:

I’m glad i found your website this is what i’ve been looking for. Information on how to save more on refilling cartridge.

April 3rd, 2011 at 1:08 am
  13. cuff links said:

Yeah i agree There are many methods you can save money and limit costs in your life and if you closely evaluate your lifestyle and the way you live, you will probably find many areas in which you can cut the extra expenditure and save money.

April 10th, 2011 at 3:53 am
  14. Frans said:

Hi everyone i am using a Lexmark X5630 printer and many people told me that refilling cartridges for this printer will be waste of money even where i bought the printer they told me the same thing. Is there anyone who have successfully refilled cartridges for this model of printer.Plz reply on this site.

April 20th, 2011 at 3:44 pm
  15. customer retention programs said:

I am buying a laptop from apple Macbook pro and i want a printer that saves me money on ink I would also want to have it wireless (optional) even if it is not wireless i want to know which will save me more money please help?

April 23rd, 2011 at 12:31 am
  16. cuff links said:

What is the best low end inkjet printer for the money? I don’t want to save on a printer only to pay too much for the ink later. Just won’t to print from my computer documents and color prints. Is there a standard that list inkjet refills by comparison? Thanks

May 9th, 2011 at 5:57 am
  17. High Speed BGA Sockets said:

This tip is credited to my dearest husband, Mike, who researched and figured it out all on his own and has taken on the roll of ink-filler-upper.

July 4th, 2011 at 3:37 am
  18. Ecommerce Leeds said:

Which ink cartridge does canon pixma mp 258 use and what is its cost ? Please give me all the information about its ink cartridges ?

July 5th, 2011 at 7:24 am
  19. How to start a Business said:

Nowadays, there are many established retailers who are into the business of cartridge refilling. I regularly use them, and they really turn out much more economical than buying new cartridges everyday.

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:10 am
  20. intraday trading tips said:

An ‘insider’ online said that HP sets the printer much “richer” than it needs to be, so you’ll have to buy more of their over-priced ink.

September 3rd, 2012 at 1:58 am
  21. cuff links said:

There are many problems coming in the cartridge refilling and get more time. But you have to save the time and money.

September 18th, 2012 at 3:13 am
  22. mahomed shola said:

hi i am wanting to refill my lexmark ink cartage x5630 is it possible and how much

regards