Mar 22 2010

Lagging, Hanging, Slow loading websites in Internet Explorer IE Firefox Browser Problem FIXED

I have been at my wits end the past few days trying to troubleshoot what was the cause of lagging, hanging, slow loading websites in Internet Explorer (IE) and Firefox browser.

Both browsers have been slow to load websites and the loading icon would just spin and spin and spin without loading the websites. I would have to click links multiple times or refresh constantly to get websites to load, and even that never worked perfectly all the time. Sometimes I would have to close the browser and restart only to go through the same process,

I am usually really good at finding out what is causing a problem and fix it the same day, but this was annoying to say the least.

I thought perhaps my internet service provider was having problems, but a call to them quickly determined it wasn’t on their end.

I tried disabling my firewall and Anti-virus to see if that was the problem, but the browsers were still slow and hanging when trying to load websites. I disabled browser add ons, but that didn’t help. I tried so many different things that I don’t even have the time to type them out and I don’t recommend unless you know what you’re doing anyways.

I was using AVG Free Anti-Virus on this computer and finally decided to completely UNINSTALL it and use a different anti-virus software. IT WORKED! Websites are now loading as fast as they were before.

I am assuming an automatic update to AVG Free anti-virus changed something with the software and created the issue with the hanging, lagging, slow loading websites in IE and Firefox.

I didn’t think AVG was causing the browser problems initially because I DISABLED AVG anit-virus and I was still having the browser problems. I had to completely UNINSTALL AVG Free anti-virus in order for my browsers to return to normal speed and the problem with slow loading, hanging websites went away. For some reason just disabling it didn’t work.

I have never had any problems with AVG anti-virus before up until this point and I really liked their anti-virus software. I hope that the technical staff at AVG can troubleshoot what was causing AVG Free Anti-Virus to cause the browsers to hang when loading websites.

If you are also having a problem with slow loading websites and you use AVG anit-virus, hopefully this fixes the issue for you as well.

55 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. Simmental said:

My computer was running fine before. After I have install spy sweeper, my pc went extreme slow. Is it the fault o spy sweeper that cause mt computer slow down? It seem not just that cause slow.

May 14th, 2010 at 4:22 am
  2. compact digital cameras said:

I have some old backups files I really need to get into, they have the old files ext.’s .tib and they are backups of emails from IE. I cant find any software and the new IE is now .eml and seems that it will not support .tib please help what do I do?

May 14th, 2010 at 4:38 am
  3. Cannes Apartments said:

May 24th, 2010 at 10:39 pm
  4. Cannes Apartments said:

My personal computer was running fine ahead of. Following I have install spy sweeper, my pc went extreme slow. Is it the fault o spy sweeper that bring about mt computer system slow down?

May 24th, 2010 at 10:40 pm
  5. compact digital cameras said:

A couple people I work with had problems with IE locking up, running extremely slow, and crashing a few weeks ago. I uninstalled the Google Toolbar and it fixed both of them! When they reinstalled the latest version it worked fine.

May 28th, 2010 at 12:54 am
  6. compact digital cameras said:

The reason the router needs resetting with p2p is that there are too many open connections. Routers usually have a default timeout for open connection which is too long for p2p networking.

June 3rd, 2010 at 2:08 am
  7. Simmental said:

I was on the internet yesterday, I opend up a page and I don’t know what happend, but pop ups kept bombarding me.

June 3rd, 2010 at 3:17 am
  8. Paint brushes said:

Hi slow site loading site problem is very normal today in every browser all is very temporary and after some time that automatic solve thanks for great sharing all information share again by again and keep always top up in blog.

June 17th, 2010 at 6:18 am
  9. compact digital cameras said:

It seems to me that MS should take into consideration that users might actually use this feature. There are a lot of bad sites out there. IMHO MS should come up with a fix for this problem that does not require us to accept unneeded vulnerability.

June 17th, 2010 at 6:31 am
  10. seo web service said:

Same problem My pc was running fine ahead of. After I have install spy sweeper, my pc went extreme slow. Is it the fault o spy sweeper that lead to mt computer sluggish down? It seem not just that result in slow.

June 17th, 2010 at 11:03 am
  11. compact digital cameras said:

I need help with mine internet eplorer as i run it the internet doesnts show any mesage just a clock near the mouse and than it just desapears pls help me as soon as it posible.

July 1st, 2010 at 11:53 pm
  12. Paint brushes said:

Hi all problem is compulsory today all is mostly depend on server all is not depend on web browsing software that is very informative sharing.

July 5th, 2010 at 4:03 am
  13. Simmental said:

Hopefully the next version will catch up with Google Chrome’s speed (JS and Rendering by applying Direct 2D) and everything will be perfect.

July 23rd, 2010 at 11:38 pm
  14. Paint brushes said:

Hi congratulations for hope full sharing all is really very important and also very impressive….

August 4th, 2010 at 1:45 am
  15. Simmental said:

Hi today all things is mostly busy so i say that internet Explore also busy ha ha ha.

August 4th, 2010 at 3:33 am
  16. Paint brushes said:

I spent a Sunday afternoon examining this question, which led me on an Internet voyage that discussed such geeky subjects as web page headers, HTTP 1.1 specifications, and [...]

September 8th, 2010 at 6:04 am
  17. Fun Casino Company said:

Hi very relevant and also more useful blog sharing telling about free help desk tolls all is very important parts for every computer user.

September 28th, 2010 at 1:24 am
  18. Free Web Page Graphics said:

Hi add of this software of in this video all is very useful i think all downloading is free of this blog thanks for nice sharing.

September 28th, 2010 at 1:58 am
  19. Free Web Page Graphics said:

Wow very useful blog sharing i love this all is really very important all is very relevant thanks for it.

September 28th, 2010 at 2:09 am
  20. Simmental said:

Hi Slow loading websites in Internet all is fully depend on internet speed thanks for it….

October 1st, 2010 at 11:39 pm
  21. Paint brushes said:

Wow, this is really surprising to me. I’ve never had problems with load times or crashed when loading Facebook. In fact, the sites loads faster than most on my iPhone.

October 2nd, 2010 at 12:40 am
  22. Restaurants in delhi said:

Actually this post was written by David and not me. For bing submission check, SEO articles in this blog. You will get the articles which tells you how to submit site to bing.

October 4th, 2010 at 3:27 am
  23. web designing tips said:

This marketing tactic has awarded both companies as they are currently the top netbook dealers worldwide. Despite this fact they have decided to put a hold on new netbook releases until the middle of August

October 4th, 2010 at 6:32 am
  24. Restaurants in delhi said:

The message you are getting means that there are restrictions placed it on because of the network you are on. This is common for domain environments at corporate offices. Is this an office computer?

November 1st, 2010 at 4:31 am
  25. web designing tips said:

I have to keep refreshing in order facebook to load, and even when it does load properly i can post or comment on stuff..

November 2nd, 2010 at 1:54 am
  26. bad car credit said:

Automated makeover studio, making it easier than ever to quickly remove imperfections from portraits.

December 18th, 2010 at 11:45 pm
  27. cuff links said:

I found the answer in an obscure posting: it’s a security bug. One can argue whether it is Microsoft’s fault or Adobe’s fault, but I wish they’d fix it already. Weird how days are passing and no fix has been pushed to the users.

December 30th, 2010 at 12:13 am
  28. Restaurants in delhi said:

I don’t really understand fully either, but, like you, I am learning more every day! Happy New Year!

January 5th, 2011 at 6:31 am
  29. Event lighting said:

Switch to Mozilla Firefox- it’s superfast- Windows Internet Explorer barely even works- super slow- even IE3 was faster than the crap they’ve got now!

January 5th, 2011 at 10:24 am
  30. Delhi Hotels said:

Good for you!! I think I will follow your lead and do some things I have been avoiding!See you later.

January 8th, 2011 at 3:39 am
  31. stan said:

I went from AVG to Emsi-soft Real-time Anti-Malware. Way better. IE is lame.

January 14th, 2011 at 5:41 am
  32. Ecommerce Leeds said:

I’ve looked for solutions online but none of them have worked. I would like to get more specific but I’m not the best when it comes to computers. Thanks…..

February 27th, 2011 at 4:36 am
  33. Ecommerce Leeds said:

When I try to click a link it doesn’t open in a ‘tab’ on the inside of the broswer but instead my old IE explorer opens? Even when I click the ‘new mail messages icon’ , my IE opens. This hasn’t happend before, any ideas? Thanks….

March 2nd, 2011 at 6:33 am
  34. cuff links said:

Mostly person says laser printer have better print quality and hold more ink and the ink is way cheaper with laser printers.They say companies use laser printers or photographer because the print quality is way better than ink-jet printer .They say ink-jet printers are good for text and art work but for photos to use a laser printer do to better print quality.Thanks.

March 3rd, 2011 at 1:23 am
  35. windows 7 said:

I’ve been trying to get my yahoo 10 messenger to work, but havent been able to do to so. I was wondering if you have an tips. Every time i open up yahoo messenger 10 after installing it, it freezes and comes out Appcrash. I’m stuck using the 9 version but i would love to use the yahoo 10 again.

March 23rd, 2011 at 2:54 pm
  36. manuel said:

I always get this problem, my computer always slow when i connect to internet…..i can’t solve this problem…

March 25th, 2011 at 7:46 am
  37. watchmoviesepisodesonlinefree said:

This is great post, i get the same problem with you. I hope i can solve it

March 25th, 2011 at 7:52 am
  38. windows 7 said:

YeS!! This really was a small thing, but I rather liked hitting the Backspace button and had grown used to it as a way to zip around web pages. Now I will be hitting the backspace button to go back to gmail from whence I came!

April 2nd, 2011 at 1:03 am
  39. Event lighting said:

Thanks Mr. Hariom Balhara. Writing articles and making documentories in travelling places of india, Hill stations of India, he is famous as a writer of different travellers books in India…

April 2nd, 2011 at 2:57 am
  40. Ecommerce Leeds said:

Is there a program that will update a saved bookmark in Google Chrome, IE, & Firefox simultaneously? I tried x marks-installer and it made no sense to me.thanks

April 4th, 2011 at 5:11 am
  41. sanket mani said:

amazing your post i like your comments thanks for shearing

April 23rd, 2011 at 12:07 am
  42. Ergonomic Chairs said:

I have 3 user accounts for Internet Explorer. One of them, used by a minor, is a limited account. I have blocked certain pages I don’t want him visiting thru Content Advisor, which I have set a password for. This works great for the limited account, but it also affects my full access “computer administrator” account by putting the same restrictions on my account.

May 21st, 2011 at 6:14 am
  43. Ecommerce Leeds said:

Do you like using Firefox as your internet browser? Please say what you like and don’t like.

May 25th, 2011 at 7:52 am
  44. document assembly said:

It only happens when i’m changing from one website to another and it’s not coming from the hard drive it sounds like i’ve clicked the mouse tons of times really fast.

May 26th, 2011 at 12:36 am
  45. cuff links said:

I just love to read this blog post and thank you for another great post. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing?

June 4th, 2011 at 7:22 am
  46. Ecommerce Leeds said:

I know IE sucks because its security problems i already know that. Firefox oh man what what a browser wow!!! Ok but i already got tired of it and it takes a little bit too much time to start ( i dont have add-ons). Please tell me what other ( secure ) net browser will you guys recommende me besides IE and Firefox ? What is the best net browser besides IE and Firefox. Thanks

June 8th, 2011 at 2:20 am
  47. Ergonomic Chairs said:

Your problem MIGHT be your router. If you have an old router, then that is probably the problem. I had to get a new router. But since downloading things doesn’t take that long, I’m not sure what it could be. Before I got my Compaq Windows Vista computer, I had a different one. It had XP, and was wireless for some time. Then, when I got an Ethernet Cable, it worked A LOT faster. Those may not be your problem, but they were mine!

July 1st, 2011 at 5:28 am
  48. High Speed BGA Sockets said:

Go to System Menu -> Preferences -> Appearance, this will display the ‘Appearance Preferences’ dialogue -> Click on Visual Effects Tab -> Change the value from ‘Normal’ to ‘None’ as shown below. Restart the Firefox browser, which should solve the performance issue.

July 4th, 2011 at 3:27 am
  49. cuff links said:

well the only time that this happened to me was when i tried fire fox (which was a waste of time).i think fire fox disabled Internet explorer add-ons.to fix it i just installed Internet explorer again.

July 16th, 2011 at 4:05 am
  50. Five Star Submersible Pumps said:

I completely agree with the idea of having two available browsers. This way, if something doesn’t work well in one browser, you can try it in another, hopefully saving you from having to debug the problem.

July 16th, 2011 at 4:15 am
  51. web designing gurgaon said:

You have an old router, then that is probably the problem. I had to get a new router. But since downloading things doesn’t take that long, I’m not sure what it could be. Before I got my Compaq Windows Vista computer, I had a different one. It had XP, and was wireless for some time.

July 24th, 2011 at 7:40 am
  52. cuff links said:

Uninstall it and go back to IE7. IE8 is probably the worst piece of junk Microsoft has come up with in a long time.

August 17th, 2011 at 12:42 am
  53. High Speed BGA Sockets said:

We encourage you to start looking at your site’s speed (the tools above provide a great starting point) — not only to improve your ranking in search engines, but also to improve everyone’s experience on the Internet…..

August 20th, 2011 at 5:43 am
  54. High Speed BGA Sockets said:

However, the big news is that the release of Firefox 5 may finally solve the stability issues users have complained about since the beta builds of Firefox 4 . When the Mozilla foundation released the last major overhaul of Firefox back in March, it was a huge step forward for the browser…..

September 1st, 2011 at 5:11 am